Lessons from observer programmes around the world are contained in this summary from a conference about fisheries observing and monitoring (2016): ‘What Can We Learn From Observer Programs Around The World?’ and the associated poster program.
- how the Pacific Community trains and prepares observers, and provides opportunities for professional growth
- reducing risk in a high-risk job
- recent actions in the WCPFC to improve observer safety and security
- connecting the dots: Lessons from the establishment of the PNA Observer Agency
- affordable real-time satellite data for fishery observer technology: a case study examining the development and at-sea testing with the Pacific Islands Regional Observer Program (PIROP) eReporting Project.