- Gender and fisheries in Fiji: summary of key issues, Pacific Community, 2018
- Gender and fisheries in Samoa: summary of key issues, Pacific Community, 2018
- Gender and fisheries in Tonga: summary of key issues, Pacific Community, 2018
- Gender and fisheries in Vanuatu: summary of key issues, Pacific Community, 2018
- What Pacific islands are doing to manage tuna fishing, WCFPC
- 2017 baseline study and performance indicators for the Pacific Islands Oceanic Fisheries Management Project (OFMP2), draft of a report written for the FFA. It examines the state of health of fisheries and the environments they are part of, and the measures in place to conserve and manage both.
- Annual FFA reports on economic indicators, 2015–2017. These reports give an overview, among other things, of trends in catch, catch value and economic conditions in the tuna fisheries of the Western and Central Pacific Ocean, and their impact on the countries that are part of FFA.
- Sources for economic data on the tuna fisheries of the Western and Central Pacific and globally, FFA
- Estimates of catch value in the WCFPC area, FFA. Reports from 2010–2017.
- Trends in economic conditions in the southern longline fishery, by Chris Reid and Jason Raubani, for the Scientific Committee of the WCFPC, 2015. The authors develop an index of economic conditions in the southern longline fishery to better understand historical trends in economic conditions in the fishery and drivers of change.
- Economic and management implications of stock assessments on key tuna stocks in the WCPO, by Chris Reid, Samasoni Sauni and Les Clark, for the Scientific Committee of the WCFPC, 2007. This paper describes the approach to multi-species, multi-gear analysis of management options being used by the FFA secretariat. Options are assessed against Convention criteria of ensuring sustainability, promoting optimum use, and avoiding a disproportionate burden on SIDS.
- Ending slavery at sea headlines at regional fisheries meeting, FFA, May 2019
- Sustainable fishery in the Pacific saves global tuna stocks and small islanders’ livelihoods, Global Environment Facility, March 2019
- FFA advises members about developments in international trade policy and economic cooperation frameworks, and how to advance their individual and collective fisheries interests in trade policy and economic partnership negotiations. Regular trade and industry reports include fisheries industry briefings.
Posters & Videos
FSM’s Eugene Pangelinan talks about the economic importance of tuna at an OFMP2 forum. He mentions several factors, such as chain of custody, and traceability, that need to become embedded so that fisheries businesses are viable (1.42 mins).
John Maefiti from the Pacific Island Tuna Industry Association (PITIA) talks at an OFMP2 forum about the importance of the domestic tuna fisheries in Pacific Island economies. He also mentions the biggest threat to these economies: some distant fishing nations sending too many fishing vessels to the region (1.09 mins).