- Baseline study and performance indicators for the Pacific Islands Oceanic Fisheries Management Project (PIOFMP II), a report written for the FFA, 2017
- Annual FFA Economic Indicators reports
- What Pacific Islands are doing to manage tuna fishing, produced by WWF Pacific
- Tuna Economic Indicators – October 2015. This report from FFA provides selected key economic indicators that monitor key parameters of the WCPO tuna fishery and its impact on FFA member countries.
- Trends in Economic Conditions in the Southern Longline Fishery Reid and Raubani (2015). In this study, authors develop an index of economic conditions in the southern longline fishery to better understand historical trends in the fishery’s economic conditions and its drivers of change.
- 2014 WCPFC Area Catch Value Estimates (reported in July 2015). This report aims to provide estimates of the value of catches of the four main commercial species caught in the WCPF Convention Area. The report is based on July 2015 catch data provided by the Pacific Community and prices are based on information from a range of sources.
- Economic and management implications of stock assessments on key tuna stocks in the WCPO, Reid, Sauni and Clark (2007). This paper describes the approach to multi-species, multi-gear analysis of management options being used by the FFA Secretariat. Options are assessed against Convention criteria of ensuring sustainability, promoting optimum use and avoiding a disproportionate burden on SIDS.
- FFA advises members about relevant developments in international trade policy and economic cooperation frameworks, and how to advance their individual and collective fisheries interests in trade policy and economic partnership negotiations. Regular trade and industry reports include Fisheries Trade Briefing and Fisheries Economic Indicators.
Posters & Videos
FSM’s Eugene Pangelinan talks tuna at OFMP2 project forum, about the economic importance and opportunities for tuna, and its market requirements.
PITIA’s John Maefiti talks tuna at OFMP2 project forum, about the domestic tuna industry and regional overcapacity.