- Fishing problems: Illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing, WWF Pacific, 2011
- How WCPFC enforces the rules, Forum Fisheries Agency, 2011
- Report on the international workshop on mitigating environmental impacts of tropical tuna purse seine fisheries, International Seafood Sustainability Foundation, April 2019
- Tuna RFMO authorised vessel lists: A comparative analysis to identify best practices, ISSF, January 2019
- Combatting IUU fishing: Continual improvement and best practices for IUU listing measures in tuna RFMOs, ISSF, January 2019
- Strengthening tuna RFMO transshipment regulations, ISSF, January 2019
- Tuna RFMO compliance assessment processes: A comparative analysis to identify best practices, ISSF, April 2018
- Survey of the treatment of support/supply/tender vessels, ISSF, April 2018
- RFMO vessel monitoring systems: A comparative analysis to identify best practices, ISSF, April 2018
- Regional MCS evaluation, FFA, 2016; a report into the current evaluation strategy, with recommendations on how to make it stronger
- Towards the quantification of illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing in the Pacific Islands region, FFA, February 2016
- Standard for assessing transparency in information on compliance with obligations of regional fisheries management organizations: Validation through assessment of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission, E. Gilman and E. Kingma, University of Wollongong, 2013
- FFA wins top prize in global competition to end illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing, FFA, February 2019
- Towards the quantification of IUU fishing in the Pacific Islands region, a summary of the study, with commentary, by Francisco Blaha on his blog, March 2016
Posters & videos
- The European Union’s Commission for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs, Maria Damanaki, explains that the EU’s new compliance rules, which use electronic methods of tracing fish “from the net to the plate”, will help stop illegal fishing (2.27 mins).
Ferral Lasi, from the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources of Solomon Islands, talks about his country meeting EU regulations and improving food security and capacity, and access to trade and exports (1.37 mins).
Nikolasi Apinelu, from the Ministry for Natural Resources of Tuvalu, talk at an OFMP2 project forum about matching reported and IUU fishing levels, and stock status, for his country (1.39 mins).