The Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) controls the world’s largest sustainable tuna purse-seine fishery. PNA countries provide around 50% of the global supply of skipjack tuna, the most commonly canned tuna.
PNA members are: Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.
- PNA Office to expand Vessel Day Scheme and step up management of FADs, PNA, January 2019
- FSM government, fisheries sectors learn about biodegradable FADs, TunaPacific, January 2019
- Kiribati, the Pacific’s biggest tuna nation, backs FFA calls in tough tuna talks, TunPacific, December 2018
- PNA research reveals secret life of FADs, TunaPacific, December 2018
- Tuna resource owners meet in Majuro, PNA, April 2017
- Sustainably caught tuna tonnage forecast to double in 2017, PNA, December 2016