- Fishing for tuna in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean: purse seine and longline fishing, FFA, May 2019
- Catch documentation scheme (PDF), WWF. Monitoring the catch is important to ensure compliance with management measures.
- Harvest strategies: the next phase of fisheries management (PDF), Pew Charitable Trusts, June 2015
- Handling seafood in the Pacific Islands: information sheets for fishers, vendors and consumers (PDF), Pacific Community and WorldFish
- Environmental versus operational drivers of drifting FAD beaching in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean, by Lauriane Escalle and others, Scientific Reports, 2019
Regional connectivity and spatial densities of drifting fish aggregating devices, simulated from fishing events in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean, by Joe Scutt Phillips and others, Environmental Research Communications, 2019
The Western and Central Pacific Tuna Fishery: 2018 overview and status of stocks (PDF), latest report (number 19), Pacific Community (SPC). Older reports can also be downloaded.
- Tens of thousands of tuna-attracting devices are floating around the Pacific, TunaPacific, September 2019
- Japanese fisheries officials learn about use of data in deciding on total allowable catch, TunaPacific, March 2019
Pacific Islands happy with tuna commission outcomes at WCPFC15, Radio New Zealand, December 2018
PNA pushing harvest control strategy at Pacific Tuna Commission, Radio New Zealand, October 2016
Posters & videos
- An introduction to purse seine fishing in the central and western Pacific Ocean, video (19.27 mins), SPC, September 2012
- Purse seine fishing: different methods, video (3.16 mins), International Seafood Sustainability Foundation, July 2012
FFA’s Hugh Walton talks about the importance of tuna to SIDS and effective management for sustainability at an OFMP2 project forum (2.17 mins).
PITIA’s John Maefiti talks about the domestic tuna industry and regional overcapacity at an OFMP2 project forum (1.09 mins).